Sunday, July 14, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  I'd like to share a bit about myself and why I have started this blog.

My name is Anna, I live in Alaska, and in all honesty, I am not a girly girl.  I only buy new clothes when I need them and prefer to get the shopping with over with as quickly as possible.  There are maybe 5 pairs of shoes in my closet and I only get my hair cut once every year or two.  My general approach is to grow it out long, chop it off to shoulder length, then grow it out again.  The only hairstyles (if you can even call them that) I wear are a rather low ponytail or a single braid down my back.  If you can believe it, I've never been to a nail salon and my cousin and best friend did my nails, makeup, and hair for my wedding.

In spite of all of this, I have recently become intrigued with the world of nail polish.  As a kid and teenager, I was of course interested in it, and as an adult I occasionally paint my finger or toe nails, but it wasn't until I happened upon some nail blogs a couple of months ago that I realized just how amazing nail polish can be!  I love color and doing crafty things, and I think the nearly limitless choices and combinations of nail polish appeals to that side of me.  A manicure is like a tiny art project that you can design according to your current whims and mood, enjoy for a little while, then remove and do again completely differently.

I decided to start my own little nail polish blog simply to keep track with photos and descriptions of what I've done with my nails.  If you see my nails and think they look atrocious, please keep in mind that I am VERY new to this and it takes a while to develop a steady hand!  Up until now I have never done anything with my nails other than trimmed them every week or so, so my cuticles and every single thing about my nails are completely natural.  I've never applied cuticle cream, pushed back my cuticles, buffed my nails, filed them (okay I have done this one a couple of times!), or anything like that, so please try to be kind if you choose to leave comments.  Painting my nails is just something fun I've decided to do and so far am enjoying it immensely.

A quick note about the slightly odd name I chose for the blog:  I spent a good couple of weeks trying to think up a good name.  Turns out, most of the good names have been taken already!  I decided to go with Glitter Sand Witch in honor of the glitter sandwich, which I love the looks of.  Glitter Sandwich and Glitter Sandwiches were both already taken.  The Little Mermaid came out when I was 4 and I thought it was hilarious to make my dolls pretend to be Ursula, the Evil Sandwich instead of Ursula, the Evil Sea Witch.  So I guess this blog is named for my lifelong love of puns!

The photo of glitter in my blog header is a stock image from FTN1 on Deviant Art.  Thank you for letting me use it!



No comments:

Post a Comment