Sunday, July 14, 2013

L.A. Colors Cotton Candy

I have a tiny backlog of posts to share since I started taking pictures for this blog a couple of weeks ago!  Might as well go in chronological order, so my first post is about L.A. Colors Cotton Candy.  This polish caught my eye at the store a little while back when I was looking for something understated.  It is definitely sheer, but was easy to apply.  As you can see, there is still visible nail line after 3 coats.  That seems to be a no-no in the nail polish world, but with this being such a delicate, almost natural color, it doesn't bother me at all.  I think of this polish as a nail enhancement --like clear polish with a bonus-- rather than one intended to completely change the color of the nails. 

Sheerness aside, this is a very sweet pale peachy pink with an understated but unmistakable shimmer.  I find myself looking at my nails quite a bit whenever I wear it.  It lasted about 5 days of looking great without a top coat, not too bad!  So far I've worn this polish 3 times in about a month just because I really like it.

 Outside

 Inside, fluorescent overhead lighting

Inside with flash

This one was hard for me to photograph.  Because of my negligible photography skills, the color doesn't really show up quite right.  In person the color is a bit more evident, and so is the shimmer.  You can see the shimmer best in the flash photo, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment